1. Should I bring my pet’s food? At the Bend Pet Resort our goal is to ensure your pet has a positive, stress free stay with us. You may choose to bring your own food or your pet may eat ours at no additional cost. We feed Nutra Nugget Lamb and Rice for the dogs and the cats are fed Nutra Nugget Optimum Health. If your dog is over the age of 10 or under the age of 1 please bring your own food. Please bring only the amount your pet will need for the stay. If possible package each feeding in a plastic ziplock or sealable bag labeled with your pet’s first and last name. Raw or wet food diets can be accommodated as well just have your pets name clearly marked on all packaging.
2. Can I bring my dog’s bed and toys?
Your dog’s personal effects are welcome with a few exceptions. All the items must be machine washable and labeled. We prefer blankets since they are easily washed when soiled. Keep in mind that stuffed bedding creates a health risks with your pet if they ingest the foam or stuffing. Even pets who normally do not chew on their beds may while staying in a new environment. We can provide blankets if you have left yours at home. Please let us know if your pet should NOT receive a blanket. Toys smaller than a tennis ball cannot be accepted. Please leave tennis balls or other toys that are small enough to roll under the doors. Our staff will take every precaution to ensure all toys and bedding are returned to you, but we cannot be responsible for lost or destroyed items.
3. What if my dog requires medication?
We will helpfully assist in maintaining your pet’s health and follow your prescribed care from your vet. We can administer topical ointments, oral medications as well as give injections. All medication doses are $2 per dose or $1 per dose with our cash discount price.
4. What vaccinations does my pet need to have to stay?
Dog Vaccinations requirements:
Bordetella given within the last 6 months.
Distemper/Parvo current, we do accept the 3 year vaccine protocol given after 1 year of age.
Cat Vaccinations requirements:
Rabies, FVRCP and Feline Leukemia all current
Please bring a complete veterinary record for proof that your pet has received these and when they expire. Ask your vet clinic if they can email a copy upon your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
5. Are reservations required to stay at the Bend Pet Resort?
Reservations are strongly recommended to make sure your pet can stay in the accommodations of your choice. During the summer months and over holidays we book up in advance so we advise our customers to make reservations at least two weeks in advance during normal periods and a month in advance during Holidays. Holiday stays are reqired to make prepayment 3 weeks in advance of stay.
6. Do you board cats? Absolutely! We have Kitty Condos available for your cat to stay with us at the Bend Pet Resort. Each condo has multiple shelves and a window facing a large pine tree with a bird feeder and bird bath to entertain them. If you have multiple cats that you would like to board together we offer larger condos. The cost for the first cat is $10 per day with a $1 discount for cash, the second cat will be discounted 20%.
7. What if I arrive outside posted hours for check-in and check-out?
Special After Hour Requests: On a prearranged basis you can pick up and drop off your pets outside of our business hours within reason. The fee is $30 ($25 cash). Please let us know in advance if you will be requesting an after hour service. Call us during our business hours and tell us how we can assist you in your needs
Regular Business Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am -1:00pm and 3:00pm - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - Noon
Sunday: 5:00 p.m - 6:00pm.
Guided tours are available during our Monday - Saturday business hours.
Please Note: HOLIDAY Business Hours are in effect... please see below for details.
8. Is Bend Pet Resort open on holidays? We welcome your pet to stay with us during all major holidays. Call to obtain information on pick-up and drop-off restrictions during some holidays. Our office is closed, however we are always attending to the needs of our animal guests. You may pick up and drop off during our regular hours, however all pets are required to stay a minimum of 3 days during holidays. Major holidays include Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
HOLIDAY HOURS NOW IN EFFECT:
Thanksgiving: Last day for drop-off is Wednesday, Nov. 25th. We will be closed to the public on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and open again for pet pickup on Sunday, November 29th during regular hours of 5-6 pm.
Christmas: Open for drop-offs 8-1pm and 3-6pm on December 23rd. We will be closed to the public on Saturday, Sunday, and open again for pet pickup on Monday, December 26th during regular hours of 8-1 pm. and 3-6pm.
New Years: Open for drop-offs till noon on December31st. We will be closed to the public on Sunday, and open again for pet pickup on Monday, January 2nd during regular hours of 8-1 pm. and 3-6pm.
9. Can you take care of aggressive dogs? We have no restrictions on breed of dog or dog aggressive dogs. The only requirement is that your dog must be people friendly and able to be handled multiple times a day by a Bend Pet Resort staff member. If your dog is extremely aggressive and difficult to handle a $25 aggressive pet charge may be charged.
10. Can my three dogs stay together? You may choose to board your multiple dogs in the same room. They must all be able to eat well together. We can only allow dogs from the same family living in the same house to share a room. The 1st dog (largest dog) will be charged the normal rate. The 2nd and 3rd dog will receive a 20% off the weight rate for the room. Each dog is required to have at least 1 activity per day while at the Bend Pet Resort.
We also have kitty condos to accommodate multiple cats. Please call early as we only have a few of the larger condos. The same family/house requirement exsist for the cats as well.
11. Can my dog have a bath before I take him home? On the day you pick up your dog you can arrange for bath to be given. Please tell the desk when you check in that you would like your dog bathed. Grooming appointments fill up fast.
12. When do I pay for my pet's stay? Boarding fees and all other charges must be paid IN FULL upon check-in except for Holiday stays. Holiday stays are required to make prepayment 3 weeks in advance of stay. No refunds are given.
13. What types of payments do you take? We accept visa, master card, debit card, local Bend checks and cash. If you pay for your stay in cash you will receive a cash discount. The discount is $1 off the daily room rate and $1 off each activity per day.
14. What if I pick up my pet early? If you pick up your pet early and adequate notice (as determined by management) is given then unused moneys will go on account for future visits. No refunds are given.
15. What are the check out times? Monday-Friday check out time is noon and on Saturday is 10:00 am. If your pets are not checked out by the check out time another day will be charged. Sunday check out is 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm.